Tuesday 3 September 2013

Oh God, it's not 3rd year already is it?!

As the title may suggest, I am indeed about to begin my 3rd year of (BA) Illustration and oh boy do I feel this coming like a sledgehammer. Dissertation, website building, business cards and all sorts of professional practice are going to be taught this year and with that comes the slow realisation that soon I will be returning to the real world.  I hope they will still let me draw there!

In terms of projects for the forthcoming year I am actually quite excited. I've already got several ideas that are in the pipeline (as long as they are OK'd by tutors) and have also commenced writing two stories that I wish to illustrate and produce into full novels. Exciting times indeed.

That hasn't stopped me drawing in my own time though, which leads to my sneak peak of September's illustration. Don't know where this drawing came from, other than I had a strong desire to draw some fish. That quickly turned into a full forest environment that really tested my abilities. As it stands I am very pleased with how its shaping up, and its has been a nice return to do some full black and white art.


The case of the mysterious vanishing camera cable has yet to be solved so once again, I apologise for the poor picture quality of my camera phone, but hopefully will give some indication as to whats of been working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment